Personal Savers

Most Recent Sale Or Promotion Banner

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I AM A RUNNER

It hit me this week, I'm not sure why it took a year or why my brain wasn't listening to my mouth, I'm a RUNNER. I have calves that I haven't seen for decades (since I was a cheerleader in high school), I don't run out of breath going up and down the stairs at work repeatedly, I get physically and emotionally jealous when I see other people running. Yep, I'm a runner.

I've been saying that I'm a runner for a while now, but I guess somewhere deep down I didn't believe myself. The other week I was at the gym, on the treadmill, and I thought hey I'm running on a treadmill for 4 miles; I'm a runner. Later that week I ran a 5 miler outside with a pace a full minute faster than ever before and I thought; I'm a runner. Two days later I ran an 8 miler outside, kept my pace, the same pace as the previous 5 miler and it hit me; I'M A RUNNER!

It's funny but until that point I think I was secretly dreading my first Half this year. I was sabotaging myself, in the back of my mind I thought there was NO WAY I could run a sub 2:30 half. It's not fast, you're right. To me it is. But hey, I've got this, if I can do 8 miles in February at this pace and my first half isn't until May, I've so got this!! It's weird because I wasn't dreading running, just the thought of not making it anywhere near my goal. You see last year I finished my very first and only half in just over 3 and 1/2 hours. So I am stoked! Super charged! Excited! You get the idea I'm certain. :)

Because of this recent revelation I am no longer as terrified of the full Marathon I signed up for in November. I kept thinking in the back of my mind, I can always downgrade to the half. Nope not me, not anymore. I really don't care how long it takes me I'm going for it! I'm going to be a Marathoner! This is going to be my year:)





2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!!! Yup you are a runner!!!!
    I thought I was the only one who got jealous when I see other people running, so glad to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete