Personal Savers

Most Recent Sale Or Promotion Banner

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Winter Slump, in the Fall...

Two weeks ago I PR'd my 5k! And then I stopped, well I guess I didn't stop but I certainly didn't continue... I ran 1 lousy mile between October 21 and today. Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew this but it didn't really register until I logged my miles today and saw the evidence (or lack thereof).

So today I'm promising myself that the weather, darkness & freezing temps here in Indiana won't stop me from running!! I have a dreadmill (treadmill) as much as I hate it I think it is going to have to become my best friend through this winter. This is a new venture for me, as I haven't run through the holidays but am looking forward to keeping myself disciplined enough to do so.

It seems like this time of year, (whether you are truly busy or not) you are busy!! The days are so very short, of course by that I mean daylight hours...it's cold and often times dreary, shopping and family dinners galore!! It's a hard time to stay focused and on task. But....
I'm worth it so I will do it.

So I'm making out my schedule tonight, the dreadmill will become my friend and I will reserve Saturday mornings for my long runs!!! #runon #runhappy

No comments:

Post a Comment